Would you like to have a job an be responsible for the following risks: Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing, Fair Competition, Bribery and Corruption, Fraud, Conduct Risk, Conflict of Interest, Data Protection, Insider Trading, International Trade Controls, Investment Compliance, Licensing and Third-Party Oversight (together, the compliance risk universe) as well as compliance with the Group Code of Conduct?
Yes? Please contact us!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Compliance professional to join a highly motivated team which demands high energy and self-confidence as well as pragmatism and curiosity. It offers the rare opportunity to grow and learn in a creative and growing business seeking to disrupt the traditional insurance space.
As strategic partner to the CEO and to his leadership team, you will actively participate in the development, launch and maintenance of new group life products and have the ability to apply insurance regulatory requirements to the distribution of these products.
Reporting to the Head Compliance, the Compliance Officer Benelux is responsible for overseeing the 'Dutch Branch’ compliance with all applicable group life related laws and regulations.
What are the key responsibilities?
The Compliance Officer Benelux supports 'the Dutch Branch and it’s Group Life product offerings' compliance with the company's Compliance policies which cover the following risks: Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing, Fair Competition, Bribery and Corruption, Fraud, Conduct Risk, Conflict of Interest, Data Protection, Insider Trading, International Trade Controls, Investment Compliance, Licensing and Third-Party Oversight (together, the compliance risk universe) as well as compliance with the Group Code of Conduct.
More particularly, you will:
- Implement and adapt the company EMEA’s regulatory and operational compliance program to support 'the Dutch Branch’ group product offerings by developing and supporting a strong culture of compliance to the main organization's Compliance policies, including but not limited to, Code of Conduct, AML, Third Party Oversight, Record Retention, Privacy and Data Protection
- Provide compliance advice to the CEO Benelux and the Dutch team in respect of all Compliance risks
- Elaborate and execute a compliance program, in line with the company's annual Compliance plan, which includes the establishment and maintenance of written compliance procedures and processes, provision of trainings, reporting and other necessary activities to enable compliance with the compliance risks
- Perform ad hoc monitoring of adherence to compliance policies, standards and processes and perform audits on TPAs and Distribution Partners
- Lead routine regulatory examinations, regulatory inquiries, and audits
- Lead the business in the development of policies, procedures, and practices to respond to regulatory changes
- Monitor customer and internal complaints to identify trends, prepare reports, and make recommendations for corrective action and training opportunities
- Review and advise on compliance issues for advertising and sales material
- Accountable for compliance oversight of distributors, agents, brokers, third party administrators and supporting business personnel with their oversight requirements
- Monitor industry trends and potential changes to regulation and/or policies and their impact on compliance programs, monitoring and/or reporting
- Complete and deliver reports to the Regional Management Team and the Head of Compliance
- Establish strong working relationships with internal and external business partners and clients
- Serve as an integral part of the global Compliance team
- Contribute to company groupwide Compliance processes (BRIDGER Screening etc).
- Work closely with the Local Dutch Legal Counsel, the company's Compliance team, Risk Management and Corporate Governance functions.
In this position, you will report to the Head of Compliance based in Zurich, who in turn reports to the Chief Compliance Officer Corso, with a dotted line to the CEO of the Dutch Branch.
- You are a Compliance officer with 5+ years of relevant experience which should include expertise in a global re/insurance organization
- You have experience of large international organizations
- You have proven knowledge of GDPR, the EU AML Directives and a good understanding of the Governance Requirements under Solvency II
- You demonstrate confidence in leading and managing projects and complex assignments, including new or innovative structures or products
- You have excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- You are confident in your ability to drive matters independently while balancing the need to collaborate and maintain an appropriate level of communication and coordination with the rest your peers
- You demonstrate accountability, resilience when facing challenges, and you are fully reliable, responsive and display a high level of energy
- You are recognized, by clients for the pragmatic advice you provide, your sense of urgency and commercial mindset and by colleagues, for being an excellent teammate, always happy to assist others, collaborating and fully transparent, and for your good sense of humour.
Desired Designation and Certifications
- University degree in law or business administration or an equivalent education
Be part of a unique success story in the insurance market. You can expect an exciting and challenging job within a highly motivated team with attractive employment conditions and flexible working hours.
An insurance company for institutional clients (B2B) and subsidiary of a large insurer. In Europe they offer solutions in the field of life and disability insurance. The cooperation partners are intermediaries, administrative offices and PPIs. The customers are employers and pension funds.
The young character of this organization is reflected in the way it works together: innovation and process improvement is very important.